Thursday, January 28, 2010

Build-A-Man


First, let me just preface this blog by saying that it has taken me a while to write. It's been on the tip of my brain for quite some time now. But the other night I had a realization. This blog does roughly describe someone.

I've been thinking alot about dating, and finding the right one. Of course, I don't believe in all the hoopla surrounding "the one", but lets just say that I did. I've tried a couple online dating things, and they're pretty much crap. 'Hey you're hot.', 'I'd do you' ... these are the messages I get. Seriously? And these are men that I wouldn't be remotely attracted to in real life. Does the internet give people the right to say whatever they want? I think not.

In today's society, we can customize pretty much everything. How we look (hmm maybe I'll try red hair, violet contacts... how 'bout some plastic surgery?), what we drive (red, SUV, chrome wheels,leather seats), even what we eat (have it your way). Then why is it so hard to find a mate that we're looking for. Shouldn't there be an online dating service that shows you exactly what you want, not just based on some random personality tests? Hence 'Build-A-Man'. You start by loading general data (age range, education, religion). Then it gets more specific. Hair style, eye color, build, activities, music, alcohol, drugs. You can design your perfect mate. You enter all your specified data and it shows you your exact match, and also 'if you liked him, you may like ...'. It should be an international database. You don't even need to sign up. Maybe the government can run it.

Here's mine:

24-30 male, rugged build, outdoorsy (camping, hiking, fishing), non religious but open to ideas, HS diploma, maybe some college, loves music of all types and loves going to live shows, moderate drinker, recreational drug use is ok. Shaggy hair, comfortable and relaxed without being a slacker. And he needs to be creative and very open to new ideas. Willing to try anything at least once. NO baggage. Oh, and his, ahem, package has to be just right ;-)

I remember saying that men should come with ingredient labels. With this you would be able to create your own.

**Love Always**
Jen

P.S. If you find this man, send him my way.

1 comment:

  1. ooooooo. NICE. I like and agree with this idea, now create it!!! I like this, and yes in our society where we can customize everything, why can't we do this with the opposite sex? That way everyone gets what they want.

    ReplyDelete