Thursday, February 4, 2010

Who Are You?


I usually premeditate this blog, but I think I'm just going to wing this one. Forgive me if it's all mindless rambling. :-)

I've been thinking alot about going away, moving... just packing up and hitting the road. I get this way just about every winter. Between the cold, the snow, the holidays... pretty much everything that has to do with New England winter irritates me. I also just started watching Lost. When Locke said that everyone on the island gets to start over, I got me thinking. Who would you be if you got a fresh start?

Imagine, you move to a new place where you don't know anyone. Who would you be? Would you continue to be the same person that you've been all of your life? Maybe. But suppose you just wanted to change. Cut and dye your hair. Hell, even change your name. Maybe make up an elaborate story about your past. Maybe the new you would be more outgoing, brazen if you will. Or maybe you'd like to be more conservative, kick he bad habits to the curb.

It seems so easy to be able to change yourself in front of total strangers, why is it so hard to change in front of people you know and care about? Maybe it's fear. Maybe it's just comfortable being who you are. Maybe you're afraid that people might question your change, thus questioning who they are really friends with.

To be honest, I kind of forgot the point of this post. I guess it's just to ask, are you really you?

**Love always**
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Great post Jen! Hmmmmm very deep- I think if I could start over, I would still be my personality, I actually love the way I am already and it is comfortable, why should I change? I love the idea of moving away though and starting fresh with new people, and new sights. That's an intriguing possibility that I hope to soon explore. Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete