Tuesday, October 27, 2009

No Use Crying over a Totalled Car (and other mishaps)


I've been a bad blogger lately. I just haven't had anything worthwhile to write about. Well, that and I've been crazy busy 24/7. But I got into a car accident the other day and it got me thinking. It all started when, after the accident, I returned to work as usual. I was trying to figure out how to get home (out loud, discussing it with a co-worker) when my boss heard and was said 'you what?!?!' All of my co-workers looked at me like I had 3 heads. 'So let me get this straight, you just got into a car accident, your car was towed and you came back here like nothing happened??' Yup, that pretty much sums it up. Is it really so strange not to cry/get upset over such things?? Am I a freak?? (Don't answer that!) Maybe the answer is yes to both questions, but either way I've decided to put together some situations and how to handle them in order to lead a stress free life. :-)

1. Let's take my situation. I hit a brand new Mercedes. My car may be totalled. Should I cry, scream, get upset? No. For one thing, it wasn't my fault. Second, I wanted a new car anyway. And third, what good is crying going to do? It will just ruin my makeup. So then I'll have a wrecked car AND look like crap. No thank you!

2. Your significant other cheated on you. Do you cry? Sure (but don't ruin your make up! You want to look good!) Do you beat he crap out of them? No, you'll just break a nail and/or bruise yourself. And once again, you need to look good and prove to them that you deserve better and can get way better than them.

3. You just lost your job. Look on the bright side: VACATION! You said you needed a day off anyway right? Well now you have a whole bunch. Don't sit there and wallow in self-pity. Do something! Always wanted to go hiking in the mountains? Then go! Clean your house, organize, watch that DVD collection, read all those books in your 'To-Read' pile. Yeah, in between all this look for another job. But don't stress.

You are exactly where you should be a any given moment. And no matter how fast or slow you move, you'll always end up where you are supposed to.

1 comment:

  1. Very true Jen. Take it in and move on, see the good in the bad and seek out opportunities. Nothing is the end of the world, unless of course it is the end of the world, then there really is nothing good to see in that. Anyway, I like where your head is at! Great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete