Saturday, October 10, 2009

World Wide WTF


Subject: sexy


xoxoxoxoxox


This is an email I got on plentyoffish.com. No lie. No hi my name is..., no I noticed your profile and you seem interesting, not even you're pretty. Am I supposed to be wooed by this??? Seriously. And how am I supposed to respond? xoxoxoxo? There really should be a manual for online dating. I'm not saying I'm an expert, but I certainly know enough not to send someone an email saying just 'you're hot'. Is this third grade? Oooh you're cute tee hehe. I'm just going to put my two cents (or maybe it's a whole quarter) in on the subject.


First off, if it's just my pic that you like please do not message me. Yes, I know I'm pretty. I have a profile for a reason. If you don't have anything in common with me based on my profile, then guess what? We have nothing in common!


Second, introduce yourself. A simple 'Hi my name is ...' will suffice. Tell me a little about yourself. But please don't talk about ex wives, ex girlfriend etc. This is really a first impression and if you come right out of the gate talking about ex's, I'm going to think they are still on your mind alot. I have enough baggage of my own, don't need yours too.


Third, if there's something in particular about my profile that you liked, tell me. Start an actual conversation. It's really not too hard.


And lastly, don't just come out and say we should get together. I don't know you from a hole in the wall. I'm not on here for a booty call or just a f*ck buddy. And you shouldn't be either. There are other websites for that.


**Jen**

1 comment:

  1. All good points Jen!! Creepy-McCreeperson better listen up, there is etiquette to uphold and being normal is one of them. Yikes. You tell him!

    ReplyDelete