Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Exception to the Rule


A few blogs ago I wrote about the natural progression of things. Go to school, get married, have babies. We're tuned to take the given next step in life. Personally, I choose to completely ignore this "intuition". I really can't picture myself married and having children. Not to say that I have NEVER wanted these things. At one point in my life I wanted a dozen kids. Literally. But that was years ago, and I've grown out of it.

I'm going to be that woman at my friends 50th anniversary party whose hitting on my friends grown children. I'll be the old woman with my hair and make up all done up with the dress that shows my cleavage (I'll get lifts by then). The one going out to bars, still trying to get the guys to buy me drinks. And I'm perfectly okay with that.

Who knows, I may eventually want to get married and have kids. But still, I can never imagine myself settling down. I enjoy living my life as if I could just pick up and leave tomorrow. Which in all reality I could.

1 comment:

  1. hmmmm..... natural progression eh? I hear what you are saying, and if I have kids, do not hit on them! You should be happy with who you are, and where you are right now, and be ready to make a change when you want to. I like it Jen, and don't worry so much about little things like this, the things about life is, it always changes. Right?

    ReplyDelete