Thursday, December 3, 2009

Look at me, oh look at me... Is this the way I'll always be?


Life is about change. Evolution, as I prefer to call it. You grow, physically, mentally, emotionally, through your personal experiences. You adapt to your surroundings, your situations. Well, most of us do anyway. There are those people who just sit and wait , expect everything to come to them on a silver platter. Perhaps they are afraid of change. Maybe they just really like where they are. Either way these people aren't growing.

I'm not the same person I was a year ago. Hell, I've even changed since a month ago, I'm sure. And I will continue to change until the day that I die. Will all of this change be positive? Probably not. But the point is, I will continue to evolve as a person. I have been in situations where my growth has been halted. I evolved all right, just not in the right direction. Instead of becoming happy and ... settled, I became bitter and spiteful.

Although I think I am a great place right now, and I can't remember being happier with myself I am still going to evolve. And for better or for worse, I'm not going to be the same person as I am today next month. And neither should you.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. Change is inevitable, you cannot prevent it, but it gives you something to look forward to. Who knows what you will be next week, next year, that's evolution of character. Well done Jen!

    ReplyDelete